Place:


Crookham  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crookham like this:

CROOKHAM, a tything and a chapelry in Crondall parish, Hants. The tything lies on the Basingstoke canal, 2 miles SE of Winchfield r. station, and 4 ENE of Odiham; and has a post office under Farnham. Pop., 1, 020. Houses, 226. The chapelry is more extensive than the tything; bears the name of Crookham-with-Ewshott; and was constituted in 1842. Pop., 1, 283. Houses, 275. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Crondall. The church is recent.

Crookham through time

Crookham is now part of Hart district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hart has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crookham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crookham, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4791

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Crookham".