Place:


Blendworth  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blendworth like this:

BLENDWORTH, a parish in Catherington district, Hants; on the border of Bere forest, 2 miles NW of Rowlands-Castle r. station, and 7 SSW of Petersfield. Post Town, Rowlands-Castle, under Havant. Acres, 2,304. Real property, £3,499. Pop., 219. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. Blendworth House is the seat of Sir W. W. Knighton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £226.* Patron, the Rev. M. Ward. The church is a handsome recent edifice, in the decorated style, with lofty tower and spire. A school has £19 from endowment.

Blendworth through time

Blendworth is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blendworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blendworth in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4788

Date accessed: 02nd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blendworth ".