Place:


Alby  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alby like this:

ALBY, or Aldby, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; near the river Bure, 4½ miles NNE of Aylsham, and 17 ENE of Elmham r. station. Post Town, Hanworth, under Norwich. Acres, 811. Real property, £1,974. Pop., 231. Houses, 58. The property is divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £140.* Patron, R. Drinkley, Esq. The church is old but good.

Alby through time

Alby is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alby in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4784

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alby ".