Place:


Burston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burston like this:

BURSTON, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; on an affluent of the river Waveney, adjacent to the Eastern Counties railway, 2¼ miles NNE of Diss. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Diss. Acres, 1,449. Real property, £2,731. Pop., 419. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £418. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a flint structure, in good condition, with round tower and octagonal turret. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Burston through time

Burston is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burston in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4752

Date accessed: 15th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burston ".