Place:


West Harling  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Harling like this:

HARLING (West), a parish in Guiltcross district, Norfolk; 2¼ miles S by W of Harling-Road r. station, and 7¼ E by N of Thetford. Post-town, East Harling, under Thetford. Acres, 3,034. Real property, £1,235. Pop., 124. Houses, 27. The manor, with all the property, belongs to the baronet family of Nugent; whose seat is West Harling Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £168. * Patron, the Hon. Lady Nugent. The church is ancient but good; has an embattled tower; and contains some brasses.

West Harling through time

West Harling is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Harling itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Harling, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4724

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Harling ".