Place:


North Runcton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Runcton like this:

RUNCTON (North), a parish, with Hardwick hamlet, in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 3 miles S S E of Lynn r. station. Post-town, Lynn. Acres, 2, 239. Real property, £3,089. Pop., 304. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. R. Hall is the seat of D. Gurney, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Hardwick and Setchy, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £750.* Patron, D. Gurney, Esq. The church is good. There are a national school, and charities £10.

North Runcton through time

North Runcton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Runcton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Runcton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4704

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Runcton ".