Place:


Little Plumstead  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Plumstead like this:

PLUMSTEAD (Little), a parish, with a village, in Blofield district, Norfolk; 2 miles N N W of Brundall r.station, and 5 E by N of Norwich. Post-town, Norwich. Acres, 1, 395. Real property, £3, 377. Pop., 319. Houses, 72. The property is divided among three. P. Hall is the seat ofJecks, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value and Patron, notreported. The church is neat and good; has a round tower, and a fine E window; and contains several monuments. There are a national school and a fuel allotment £48.

Little Plumstead through time

Little Plumstead is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Plumstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Plumstead, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4701

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Plumstead".