Place:


Southwood  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Southwood like this:

SOUTHWOOD, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 1 mile NNE of Cantley r. station, and 10 ESE of Norwich. Post town, Acle, under Norwich. Acres, 481. Real property, £1,181. Pop., 39. Houses, 9. The manor belongs to H. R. Nevill, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Limpenhoe, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, 292.* Patron, the Rev. T. H.Day. The church is good.

Southwood through time

Southwood is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Southwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Southwood, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4698

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Southwood".