Place:


Witton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Witton like this:

WITTON, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile N of Brundall r. station, and 5 E of Norwich. It has a post-office under Norwich. Acres, 587. Real property, £1,361. Pop., 144. Houses, 27. W. Hall belongs to E. W. Trafford, Esq., and W. House , to Miss Penrice. The living is a rectory, united with Brundall, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £500.* Patron, the Rev. J. S. Green. The church's chancel was recently rebuilt, and the rest restored.

Witton through time

Witton is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Witton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Witton, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4690

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Witton".