Place:


Harbridge  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harbridge like this:

HARBRIDGE, a parish in Ringwood district, Hants; on the river Avon, adjacent to Dorset, 3½ miles N by W of Ringwood r. station. Post town, Ringwood. Acres, 4, 082. Real property, £2, 537. Pop., 293. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to the Earl of Normanton. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ringwood, in the diocese of Winchester. The church was built in 1839; and has an embattled tower, surmounted by a turret. Charities, £16.

Harbridge through time

Harbridge is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harbridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harbridge, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4679

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harbridge".