Place:


Palling  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Palling like this:

PALLING, a village and a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk. The village stands on the coast, 4 miles E by N of Stalham, and 14 N E by N of Brundall r. station; and is a small place, inhabited chiefly by fishermen. The parish is sometimes called Palling-near-the-Se . Post-town, Stalham, under Norwich. ...


Acres, 905; of which 75 are water. Real property, £1, 954. Pop., 442.houses, 104. The manor belongs to h. J. Conyers, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Waxham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is ancient, and has a low tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, national school, a life-boat station, and charities £10.

Palling through time

Palling is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Palling itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Palling in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4677

Date accessed: 13th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Palling ".