Place:


Tubney  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tubney like this:

TUBNEY, a parish in Abingdon district, Berks; 4 miles W by N of Abingdon r. station. Post town, Abingdon. Acres, 1,144. Real property, £1,120. Pop., 180. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to Magdalen College, Oxford. The living is a rectory in the diocese, of Oxford. Value, £120. Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church was built in 1848.

Tubney through time

Tubney is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tubney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tubney, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4545

Date accessed: 23rd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tubney ".