Place:


Tidmarsh  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tidmarsh like this:

TIDMARSH, a parish in Bradfield district, Berks; 1½ mile S of Pangbourn r. station. Post town, Pangbourn, under Reading. Acres, 779. Real property, £1,471. Pop., 179. Houses, 33. The manor, with T. Park, belongs to J. Hopkins, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £223.* Patron, J. Hopkins, Esq. The church is early English, with a Norman doorway. There are a free school and some charities.

Tidmarsh through time

Tidmarsh is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tidmarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tidmarsh in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4544

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tidmarsh ".