Place:


Beech Hill  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beech Hill like this:

BEECH-HILL, a chapelry in Stratfieldsaye parish, Berks; 6 miles S by W of Reading. It has a post office under Reading. Acres, 915. Real property, £1,485. Pop., 260. The chapelry was constituted in 1867. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150 Patron, Mrs. Forbes. There is a Baptist chapel.

Beech Hill through time

Beech Hill is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beech Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beech Hill in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4512

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beech Hill ".