Place:


Fairfield  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fairfield like this:

FAIRFIELD, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; near the military canal, 2¾ miles SSE of Appledore r. station, and 6¼ WNW of New Romney. Post town, Appledore, under Staplehurst. Acres, 1, 203. Real property, £2, 939. Pop., 69. Houses, 12. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £57. Patron, the Earl of Guildford. The church is a brick building.

Fairfield through time

Fairfield is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fairfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fairfield, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4477

Date accessed: 27th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fairfield".