Place:


Cuxton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cuxton like this:

CUXTON, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; on the river Medway, and the Strood and Maidstone railway, 2¾ miles SW by S of Strood. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Rochester. Acres, 1, 756; of which 70 are water. Real property, £2, 189. Pop., 441. Houses, 81. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £346.* Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Cuxton through time

Cuxton is now part of Medway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Medway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cuxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cuxton, in Medway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4472

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cuxton ".