Place:


Aston Botterell  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Botterell like this:

ASTON-BOTTERELL, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; under the Clee hills, 6½ miles NNW of Cleobury-Mortimer, and 9½ NE of Ludlow r. station. It contains the hamlet of Bold; and its Post Town is Burwarton, under Bridgnorth. Acres, 2,238. Real property, £3,978. Pop., 171. Houses, 35. The manor belonged anciently to the Botterells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £367.* Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is good.

Aston Botterell through time

Aston Botterell is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston Botterell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Botterell, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4455

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston Botterell ".