Llanddeusant  Anglesey


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddeusant like this:

LLANDDAUSAINT, or LLANDEUSANT, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district and county of Anglesey. The village stands on the river Allo, 5½ miles W by N of Llanerchymedd r. station; and has fairs on Easter Tuesday and 3 Nov. The parish contains also the village of Treffynon; and its Post town is Gwindy, under Llangefni, Anglesey. ...

Acres, 2,011. Real property, £2,153. Pop., 565. Houses, 133. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanbabo and Llanvair-Ynghornwy, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £615. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is early English, in good condition; and is dedicated to St. Marcell and Marcellus. The name Llanddausaint signifies ' ' the church of two saints. ''The sub-district contains also eleven other parishes and two extra-parochial tracts. Acres, 27,758. Pop., 5,388. Houses, 1,157

Llanddeusant through time

Llanddeusant is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddeusant itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddeusant in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 14th July 2024

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanddeusant".