Place:


Llandeilo  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandeilo like this:

LLANDILO, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the upper part of the river Cleddau, under Precelly mountain, 5¼ miles NNW of Narberth-Road r. station, and 8 N by W of Narberth. Post town, Narberth. Acres, 1,132. Real property, £310. Pop., 126. Houses, 25. The surface is hilly; and the rocks include good slate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Llangolman, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Teilo.

Llandeilo through time

Llandeilo is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandeilo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandeilo in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4436

Date accessed: 28th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandeilo ".