Place:


High Wych  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Wych like this:

WYCH (High), a chapelry, with a village, in Sawbridge worth parish, Herts; 1¾ mile WSW of Sawbridgeworth r. station. It was constituted in 1861; and its Post town is Sawbridgeworth. Pop., 1,100. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Sawbridgeworth. The church was built in 1861.

High Wych through time

High Wych is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about High Wych itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Wych in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4401

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " High Wych ".