Place:


Castle Frome  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Castle Frome like this:

CASTLE-FROME, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 3 miles NNE of Ashperton r. station, and 6 NNW of Ledbury. Post Town, Bishops-Frome, under Worcester. Acres, 1,511. Real property, £2,042. Pop., 115. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value £300.* Patron, F. T. Freeman, Esq. The church is good.

Castle Frome through time

Castle Frome is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Castle Frome itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Castle Frome in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4331

Date accessed: 20th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Castle Frome ".