Place:


Much Dewchurch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Much Dewchurch like this:

DEWCHURCH (Much), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 2¼ miles ESE of St. Devereux r. station, and 6 SSW of Hereford. It has a post office under Ross. Acres, 4, 878. Real property, £5, 544. Pop., 608. Houses, 117. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £440.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £12.

Much Dewchurch through time

Much Dewchurch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Much Dewchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Much Dewchurch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4320

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Much Dewchurch ".