Place:


Stockleigh English  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockleigh English like this:

STOCKLEIGH-ENGLISH, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; 4½ miles N by E of Crediton r. station. Post town, Crediton. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £1,264. Pop., 114. Houses, 20. The property belongs to J. P. Bellew, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early decorated English.

Stockleigh English through time

Stockleigh English is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stockleigh English itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockleigh English in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4316

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stockleigh English ".