Place:


Little Birch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Birch like this:

BIRCH (Little), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 3½ miles ESE of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6 S of Hereford. Post Town, Birch, under Ross. Acres, 967. Real property, £1,943. Pop., 336. Houses, 78. The property is much subdivided The living is a rectory in the dio. of Hereford. Value, £160. Patron, the Rev. S. Thackwell. The church was rebuilt in 1869.

Little Birch through time

Little Birch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Birch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Birch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4306

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Birch ".