Place:


Tudhoe  County Durham

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tudhoe like this:

TUDHOE, a township-chapelry in Brancepeth parish, Durham; 1½ mile N of Spennymoor r. station. Post town, Spennymoor, under Ferryhill. Acres, 1,699. Real property, £3,263; of which £1,250 are in ironworks. Pop. in 1851, 400; in 1861, 1,359. Houses, 241. The increase of pop. arose from extension of ironworks. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, not reported. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of D.

Tudhoe through time

Tudhoe is now part of Sedgefield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgefield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tudhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tudhoe, in Sedgefield and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4292

Date accessed: 01st July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tudhoe ".