Place:


Huntington  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huntington like this:

HUNTINGTON, a township chapelry in Holmer parish, Herefordshire; on an affluent of the river Wye, 2 ½ miles NW of Hereford r. station. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 600. Pop., 154. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Hereford. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Holmer, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is modern.

Huntington through time

Huntington is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huntington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huntington in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4251

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huntington ".