Place:


Middleton on the Hill  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middleton on the Hill like this:

MIDDLETON-ON-THE-HILL, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; near the boundary with Salop, 3 miles SE of Woofferton-Junction r. station, and 5 NE by N of Leominster. Post town, Leominster. Acres, 2,921. Real property, £3,304; of which £23 are in quarries. Pop., 445. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Moor Abbey and Withers are chief residences. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Kimbolton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower.

Middleton on the Hill through time

Middleton on the Hill is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Middleton on the Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middleton on the Hill in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4237

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Middleton on the Hill".