Place:


Peterstow  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peterstow like this:

PETERSTOW, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; 2½ miles W by N of Ross r. station. Post-town, Ross. Acres, 1, 544. Real property, £3,033. Pop., 276. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Guy's Hospital. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £290.* Patron, Mr. Poynder. The church is very ancient but good, and has a small tower. There are a free school and charities £8.

Peterstow through time

Peterstow is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peterstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peterstow in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4230

Date accessed: 29th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peterstow ".