Place:


Michaelchurch on Arrow  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Michaelchurch on Arrow like this:

MICHAELCHURCH-ON-ARROW, a parish in Presteigne district, Radnor; on the river Arrow, near the boundary with Hereford, 6 miles SW by W of Kington r. station. Post town, Kington. Acres, 1,936. Real property, £1,449. Pop., 138. Houses, 23. A castle was built here in the Norman times; and has left some ruins. The living is a rectory, annexed to Brilley, in the diocese of Hereford. The church was restored in l 869.

Michaelchurch on Arrow through time

Michaelchurch on Arrow is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Michaelchurch on Arrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Michaelchurch on Arrow, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4128

Date accessed: 29th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Michaelchurch on Arrow ".