Place:


Sellack  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sellack like this:

SELLACK, a parish, with a village, in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 2 miles S W of Fawley r.station, and 3½ N W by N of Ross. Post-town, Ross. Acres, 1, 540. Rated property, £2, 879. Pop., 345. Houses, 79. The living is a vicarage, united with Kings-Caple, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £420.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of H. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There are a parochial school, and charities £23.

Sellack through time

Sellack is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sellack itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sellack in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4122

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sellack ".