Place:


Y Ferwig  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Y Ferwig like this:

VERWICK, a parish in the district and county of Cardigan; on the coast, 2 miles N of Cardigan r. station. Post town, Cardigan. Acres, 3,062; of which 190 are water. Real property, £2,137. Pop., 319. Houses, 71. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £80. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. There are Baptist and Methodist chapels.

Y Ferwig through time

Y Ferwig is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Y Ferwig itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Y Ferwig, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4095

Date accessed: 20th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Y Ferwig ".