Place:


Great Hucklow  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Hucklow like this:

HUCKLOW (GREAT and LITTLE), two hamlets in Hope parish, Derby; 2½ and 2 miles NNE of Tideswell. Real property, £1, 631 and £632. Pop., 242 and 237. Houses, 46 and 49. G. H. was formerly part of the duchy of Lancaster manor of High Peak; and the chief employment of its inhabitants is mining. Chapels for Wesleyans and Unitarians are in G. H., and one for Primitive Methodists is in L. H.

Great Hucklow through time

Great Hucklow is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Hucklow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Hucklow in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4064

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Hucklow ".