Place:


Breaston  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Breaston like this:

BREASTON, a chapelry in Wilne parish, Derbyshire; on the Derby canal and the Midland railway, ½ a mile NW of Sawley station, and 8 ESE of Derby. Post Town, Sawley, under Derby. Real property £3,593. Pop., 709. Houses, 160. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Risley, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £350. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, and charities £16.

Breaston through time

Breaston is now part of Erewash district. Click here for graphs and data of how Erewash has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Breaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Breaston, in Erewash and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4025

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Breaston ".