Place:


St Mary Bourne  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Mary Bourne like this:

BOURNE-ST. MARY, a tything and a parish in Whitchurch district, Hants. The tything lies near the Southwestern railway, 3 miles NW of Whitchurch; and has a post office under Andover. Pop., 384. The parish includes also the tythings of Binley, Egbury, Stoke, Swampton, Jamaica, and Week. Acres, 7,678. Real property, £5,380. Pop., 1,188. Houses, 282. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hurstbourne-Priors, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good.

St Mary Bourne through time

St Mary Bourne is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Mary Bourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Mary Bourne, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4001

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Mary Bourne ".