Place:


Goodworth Clatford  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goodworth Clatford like this:

CLATFORD-GOODWORTH, or Lower Clatford, a parish in Andover district, Hants; on the Andover railway, 2 miles S of Andover. It includes the tything of Goodworth; and has a post office under Andover, and a railway station. Acres, 3, 390. Real property, £2, 823. Pop., 427. Houses, 97. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £180 * Patron, W. Iremonger, Esq. The church is interesting.

Goodworth Clatford through time

Goodworth Clatford is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goodworth Clatford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goodworth Clatford, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3989

Date accessed: 31st March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goodworth Clatford ".