Place:


Chilworth  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilworth like this:

CHILWORTH, a parish in South Stoneham district, Hants; on the Bishopstoke and Salisbury railway, near Chandlers-Ford r. station, 4 miles ESE of Romsey. Post town, North Stoneham, under Southampton. Acres, 400. Real property, £973. Pop., 176. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £53. Patron, John Fleming, Esq. The church is good.

Chilworth through time

Chilworth is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chilworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilworth, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3988

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chilworth".