Place:


East Lexham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Lexham like this:

LEXHAM (EAST), a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; 1¾ mile W by S of Litcham, and 3 N by W of Dunham r. station. Post town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £1,527. Pop., 226. Houses, 47. The manor and nearly all the land belong to the Rev. W. A. W-Keppel. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Litcham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has a round ivy-mantled tower, and is good. There are a national school, and charities £26.

East Lexham through time

East Lexham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Lexham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Lexham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3967

Date accessed: 27th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Lexham ".