Place:


Hoveton St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hoveton St Peter like this:

HOVETON-ST. PETER, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; near the river Bure, 9 miles NE of Norwich r. station. It has a post office under Norwich. Acres, 952. Real property, £2, 356. Pop., 131. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. Hoveton Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Hoveton-St. John, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £134. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is a brick structure of 1624, and was recently in bad condition.

Hoveton St Peter through time

Hoveton St Peter is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hoveton St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hoveton St Peter in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3965

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hoveton St Peter ".