Place:


Denton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Denton like this:

DENTON, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; on the river Waveney and the Waveney Valley railway, near Homersfield r. station, and 3¾ miles SW of Bungay. It has a post office under Harleston. Acres, 2, 437. Real property, £4, 668. Pop., 518. Houses, 113. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £813.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is very good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £29.

Denton through time

Denton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Denton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Denton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3950

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Denton ".