Place:


Rockland St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rockland St Peter like this:

ROCKLAND-ST. PETER, a parish, with a village, in Wayland district, Norfolk; 4¼ miles W N W of Attleborough r. station. Post-town, Rockland, under Attleborough. Acres, 1, 610. Real property, £1, 916. Pop., 386. Houses, 93. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £261.* Patron, the Rev. H. Bird. The church is ancient, and has a round tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £13.

Rockland St Peter through time

Rockland St Peter is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rockland St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rockland St Peter, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3941

Date accessed: 31st March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rockland St Peter ".