Place:


Sutton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON, a parish, with a village, in Tunstead district, Norfolk; 8 miles SE of North Walsham r. station. Post town, Stalham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,383. Real property, £2,868. Pop., 338. Houses, 78. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £292.* Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church was restored in 1848. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £5.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3918

Date accessed: 08th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".