Place:


Crucadarn  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crucadarn like this:

CRICKADARN, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; at the influx of the Clettwr river to the Wye, around the Erwid or Erewood station of the Mid Wales railway, 6½ miles SSE of Builth, and 6¾ NNE of the line of the Hereford and Brecon railway at Talgarth. It contains the village of Erwid or Erewood; which has a post office under Hereford. Acres, 4, 331. Real property, £2, 229. Pop., 448. Houses, 83. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Llandevalley, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £886.* Patron, Colonel L. V. Watkins. Charities, £9.

Crucadarn through time

Crucadarn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crucadarn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crucadarn, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3861

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crucadarn ".