Place:


Witcham  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Witcham like this:

WITCHAM, a parish in Ely district, Cambridge; 5¾ miles W by N of Ely r. station. It has a post-office under Ely. Acres, 2,671. Real property, £5,510. Pop., 495. Houses, 113. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Witcham through time

Witcham is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Witcham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Witcham in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3833

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Witcham ".