Place:


Thetford  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thetford like this:

THETFORD, a chapelry in Stretham parish, Cambridge; 2¾ miles S by W of Ely r. station. It has a post-office under Ely. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £2,865. Pop., 306. Houses, 64. The living is annexed to Stretham. The church was partly rebuilt in 1863.

Thetford through time

Thetford is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thetford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thetford in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3828

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thetford ".