Place:


Dullingham  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dullingham like this:

DULLINGHAM, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; on the Cambridge and Newmarket railway, 4 miles SSW of Newmarket. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 3, 240. Real property, £4, 689. Pop., 800. Houses, 181. Dullingham House is the seat of Mrs. Pigot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £165.* Patron, Mrs. Pigot. The church is ancient, with a tower; was stripped of superstitions decorations in 1643; and has an old font. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and charities £123.

Dullingham through time

Dullingham is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dullingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dullingham in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3787

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dullingham ".