Place:


Bylchau  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bylchau like this:

BWLCHAN, or Bylchan, a chapelry in Henllan and Llansannan parishes, Denbighshire; 6 miles W of Denbigh r. station. It was constituted in 1855; and its post town is Denbigh. Pop., 537. Houses, 124. The living is a rectory n the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

Bylchau through time

Bylchau is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bylchau itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bylchau, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3728

Date accessed: 15th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bylchau ".