Place:


Brynford  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brynford like this:

BRYNFORD, a township in Holywell parish, and a chapelry in Holywell and Ysceifiog parishes, Flint. The township lies near the town and r. station of Holywell. Real property, £2,919; of which £700 are in mines. The chapelry was constituted in 1854. Post Town, Holywell. Pop., 910. Houses, 199. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph.

Brynford through time

Brynford is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brynford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brynford in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3726

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brynford ".