Place:


Nash  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nash like this:

NASH, a hamlet in Whaddon parish, Bucks; 5½ miles E of Buckingham. Acres, 1, 430. Real property, £1, 813, Pop., 462. Houses, 103. The property is divided chiefly among five. The hamlet forms chief part of the chapelry of Thornton-cum-Nash; and contains the church of thatchapelry, a Baptist chapel, and a national school. Nash Common is a meet for the Whaddon Chase hounds.

Nash through time

Nash is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nash, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3707

Date accessed: 30th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nash ".