Place:


Hardmead  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardmead like this:

HARDMEAD, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; adjacent to Beds, 4½ miles NE of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and NW of Marston. Post-town Newport-Pagmell. Acres, 1,113. Real property, £1,085. Pop., 91. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200. Patrons, the Executors of the late R. Shedden, Esq. The church is ancient and tolerable.

Hardmead through time

Hardmead is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardmead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardmead, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3680

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardmead ".