Place:


Cold Ash  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cold Ash like this:

COLD ASH, a chapelry in Thatcham parish, Berks; 3½ miles NE of Newbury r. station. Post town, Newbury. Pop., 750. The living is a vicarage. Value, £40. Patron, the Vicar of Thatcham. The church was built in 1865.

Cold Ash through time

Cold Ash is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cold Ash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cold Ash in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3608

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cold Ash ".